If your home is equipped with an HVAC system then proper maintenance of your air ducts adds to your household tasks. These are the pathways where your home’s cooled or heated air travel. Since these areas are hidden, they are prone to accumulate contaminants, dust, dirt, mold and even rodents over time. The presence of pets, cigar smoke and water contaminants also increases its risk to trigger asthma attacks to vulnerable occupants in your home. Survey says that 20 million Americans have dust mites allergy, which can be very alarming. To improve your home’s air quality, you need to make sure that your air ducts are cleaned regularly. You can contact Air duct cleaning Edmonton if you need help on this matter. They offer air duct cleaning services that are worth the investment.
Without your knowledge, a lot of disgusting contaminants can be hiding in your home’s air ducts. If you have around 1600 square foot home, it can accumulate up to 40 lbs. of dust in a year. Air ducts can also be used as hideouts of rodents. They can be carriers of hanta virus which is considered to be fatal to human’s respiratory health. Molds can cause a lot of health issues as well when inhaled.
You need to know that cleaning air ducts offer you a lot of benefits. Among these are as follows:
- It improves your home’s HVAC efficiency.
- Removal of contaminants which improves your home’s air quality.
- Maximizes the efficiency of your HVAC system. Even just .42 inches HVAC coil buildup can affect its efficiency up to 21%. And 90% of HVAC failures are caused by the build-up of dust and dirt.
- Solves respiratory problems by getting rid of allergens. Fact is; 50% of allergens in your home came from the air indoor.
- Gets rid of dust and air buildup. One person alone can shed up to 500 million dead skin cells daily. Meaning, the more occupants are present, the more dust will accumulate.
On the other hand, you need to know that everything does not end after air ducts have been cleaned. You need to be responsible enough to maintain its cleanliness by cleaning cooling coils, removing moisture that can cause mold growth and draining pans regularly.
Indeed it is very nice to live in a clean and sanitary home. And you need not only focus in areas that are visible but even those that are hidden like the air ducts. After all, you will be the first and primary recipient of all your cleaning efforts.